The properties and uses of SP Polyurethane floors
In addition to being a high-performance sports surface, SP Polyurethane floors also boasts superior resistance to wear and tear caused by non-sporting activities. Polyurethane flooring is able to withstand tables, chairs, high-heeled shoes, exhibition stands and equipment, all without risk of damage. This provides sports hall owners with a huge variety of additional options for utilising their sports halls, such as concerts, dances, trade shows and examinations.
Thanks to its impressive performance and low maintenance requirements, Polyurethane flooring has already been the indoor sports surface of choice for thousands of locations worldwide, including more than 500 schools and leisure centres in the UK. It has also been approved for competition play by a number of sporting organisations, including:
- The National Olympic Committee (as a hockey surface)
- Le Federation Internationale de Volleyball
- Le Federation Internationale de Basketball
- The Badminton World Federation
- The International Handball Federation
- The All England Netball Association
- The Netherlands Basketball Association
SP Polyurethane floors are fully compliant with the new European Standard EN14904 (Surfaces for Sports Areas – Indoor Surfaces for Multi-Sports Use – Specification) and are manufactured in factories with ISO 9001:2000 certification.